AZIONE was born in 2010 with the vision of being much more than a PR agency. We set out to inspire and empower each and every brand that we work with by building collaborative relationships founded on trust, creativity and high impact results. With our unique and proactive approach, we grow emerging companies into household names and shift consumer perception for some of today’s most widely recognized legacy brands, establishing them once again as disruptive, conversation leaders.
AZIONE prides itself on nearly a decade of building some of the most relevant brands of today such as REI, TravisMathew, HOKA, FitFLOP, HigherDOSE, Lacoste, Mansur Gavriel, MZ Wallace, Caraway, and many more. We think of ourselves as a creative agency rooted in PR, and are anything but traditional. Forbes named us one of the Top Agencies in America 2021.
NY / CA-based award-winning agency AZIONE is looking for an experienced candidate to join its Digital/VIP division as an Account Director. The ideal candidate will possess a comprehensive network of relationships with celebrities, influencers (and people of substance with social followings), fashion stylists, publicist contacts, and industry agents and be able to lead client accounts and demonstrate a proven track record of running multiple clients and projects simultaneously and working on both paid and organic campaigns and partnerships. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 6-8 years of VIP and influencer experience at a relevant agency, a proven list of relationships and a strong interest in relevant cultural events, a strong knowledge of social platforms, and a portfolio showcasing relevant organic placements.
Client Relationships & Growth
● Lead and oversee all assigned accounts within a portfolio, ensuring they are in good standing
● Proactively contribute to the organic growth of accounts, offering strategic thinking, ideas, and opportunities to build relationships of influence
● Builds excellent client relationships, as the day-to-day client contact and Influencer and VIP liaison
● Works in collaboration with SVP/VPs to build and deliver client development plans, to solidify and grow AZIONE’s influence with clients, and translate into organic growth
● Serve as senior client contact and digital influencer lead; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively, escalating issues internally as appropriate
● Lead calls with clients and in-person meetings alongside senior team leadership
● Attend 1:1 influencer/talent appointments with clients (i.e. store visits, shopping events, content trips, and more)
● Acts as a source of knowledge to clients, bringing expertise, knowledge, and experience to all conversations, initiatives, and projects.
● Oversee and contribute to new business processes including brainstorming calls, research, deck contribution and pitch preparation
● Daily pitching across client priorities to consistently secure a steady cadence of influencer + celebrity opportunities.
● Research and provide strategic recommendations of appropriate influencer/ talent and entertainment opportunities for client projects
● Oversee and execute strategic seeding programs to deliver organic influencer + celebrity coverage for clients
● Own the development and execution of earned and paid creative campaigns (and OKRs where applicable) to ensure client objectives are achieved and expectations are exceeded
○ Collaborate with account teams to ensure that influencer selection, messaging, social guidelines, and materials are in line with the client’s overall strategy, brand messaging, and aesthetic
○ Draft and update talent, talent/entertainment contracts, and content brief
○ Oversee the logistics (travel, shipping product, etc.) to talent/influencers for specific campaigns and programs
○ Execute partnerships with talent from post contract phase through campaign completion and KPI reporting
● Oversee the implementation of brand partnerships
● Review and sign off on all client agendas and action items, ensuring all touchpoints are free of discrepancies and fully updated with the latest client deliverables
● Conceptualize creative seeding boxes for VIP + influencer gifting, from initial sourcing to final execution
● Oversee and maintain weekly and monthly recaps for all team projects
● Actively pitch celebrity sightings and digital campaigns to secure entertainment and lifestyle media coverage
Excellence in Delivery
● Consistently secure paid and earned talent partnerships, large-scale content, and organic seeding opportunities that lead to direct coverage for clients
● Ignite a steady rhythm of proactive and inbound product requests, talent dressing opportunities, and entertainment event opportunities
● Maintain and continuously grow a network of powerful “turnkey” influencers, stylists, managers, celebrity and publicist relationships, agents, personal assistants, and talent through proactive outreach and ongoing entertaining
● Stay apprised of new technology and trends, capabilities within existing social media platforms as well as new emerging social media platforms, assessing brand relevance and strategic use
● Continuously stay up-to-date on best practices relating to reporting to underscore qualitative and quantitative ROI and impact of executed campaigns
● Monitor and keep abreast of industry news and trends, sharing insights and news within the team
● Anticipate and proactively offer solutions to senior team leadership for issues specific to assigned clients/initiatives
● Manage and contribute to the agency database of go-to talent, digital influencers, and brand advocates
● Displays integrity, honesty, reliability, responsiveness and openness to be trusted by clients and internal teams
● At a brand level, demonstrate accountability for client success through clearly defining account team roles and responsibilities, providing coaching, guidance, and tools to facilitate goal achievement
● Contributes to building a positive culture for the team and broader studio
● Encourages a positive collaboration and synergy between the PR and digital teams
● Contribute to the development of the team culture, attending and actively partaking in digital bi-weekly calls to nurture team growth, empowering others to take accountability for their learning
● Manage growth of digital/influencer team members, taking responsibility for goal setting, development opportunities, and advocating for progression to department leads
● Mentors, leads, and inspires the Digital team effectively and responsibly to manage situations to a positive outcome
● Manages conflict, leaning into issues as they arise
● Actively appreciates colleagues, clients, and suppliers to recognize and reward great work.
● Demonstrates professionalism, respect, and appropriate conduct at all times, setting an example for the team
Skills and Required Experience:
● Proven relationships with key celebrities, stylists, publicists, managers, and influencers contacts.
● 6-8 years of experience working in fashion + accessories, performance lifestyle, and home category with experience managing multiple client accounts; agency experience is required.
● Experience managing contracts between celebrities, influencers, and brands.
● Team leadership skills.
● Experience developing strategies through execution with a track record of proven results; experience developing goals for team and clients.
● Knowledge of the digital landscape and social media platforms.
● Creative thinker and extremely detail-oriented.
● Proven track record of dressing celebrities, a personal relationship database of top stylists, influencers, and socials.
● Understanding of the media landscape with experience conceptualizing digital campaigns from a PR lens.
● Experience pitching celebrity + VIP sightings to entertainment and lifestyle media in an effort to maximize press exposure for clients.
● Hard-working and proactive candidate who is enthusiastic, works well within a team, and has a passion for celebrity/VIP relations across all sectors.
● Highly proficient with Digital Platforms and social media platforms. (HYPR and IMDB Pro knowledge a plus).
● Must be based in LA or NYC
We offer 100% medical & dental coverage, bonus & commission, year-long summer hours, 401K, and several perks and incentives. You’ll be working in an incredibly fun, collaborative environment, surrounded by great teammates in a fast-paced culture committed to excellence for our clients.
Salary Range: $100,000 – $140,000 (commensurate with experience)
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected].
Visit AZIONEPR.com for more information on our company.